Experience the heart of the city on a guided walking tour and find yourself immersed in the history of all the colorful characters who lived here, such as the Baroness de Pontalba, privateer Jean Lafitte, and the adventurous Ursuline nuns
- Walk past the oldest French Colonial building in the Mississippi Delta where Ursuline nuns lived years ago
- Witness the ornate townhouse where the 1788 Good Friday candle fire caused the city’s most disastrous fire
- Discover the reason behind the French Quarter’s nickname as Little Palermo or Little Sicily
- Learn about Baroness de Pontalba’s influence in giving Jackson Square a Parisian touch and see local Creole townhouses and cottages with colorful histories
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 2 hours in advance.